Winter Training - On The Wrong Bike

Apologies for a post about road riding, but it’s what I’ve been doing. Being an avid stickler for The Rules, I had to uphold Rule 5 and especially Rule 9. I wrapped up warm and headed out.


No, this isn't a cross bike! 23mm slicks and rubbish cable brakes...

Unfortunately in the process I broke Rules 23 and 24. I also broke Rules 30 to 35 inclusive. And Rules 39, 41, 48, 49, 50, and 52. And Rules 60 and 87. And Rule 90. However, I have forgiven myself as Rule 9 is of course the most important. I only managed 32 miles, and pretty slowly, but had a lot of fun, despite being on a completely inappropriate bike and it being rather cold.

There were some clear bits of tarmac, although not necessarily enough to
build up any speed...

I don’t know what the freezing-point of Bikefood is but I was getting near it, my drink was just getting nicely crunchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment